Ukrainian tax ID or foreigners
+38 (032) 247-04-00; +38 (067) 673-35-99
е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Viber Messenger Telegram
If you’re a foreigner in Ukraine, you may need to obtain a tax ID code or an identification number to comply with Ukrainian tax laws. The tax identification number tracks and registers individuals who must pay taxes, fees, or any other mandatory payments to the government or contribute to state target funds. It is important to note that the tax ID code was previously known as the tax identification number, and both terms are commonly used by Ukrainians today.
So, when do you need a tax ID as a foreigner in Ukraine?
Situations when the presence of Ukrainian tax ID is compulsory for foreigners
A foreigner will need a tax ID code, in particular, to establish a business in Ukraine, to open a bank account, to make investments, to certify constituent documents with their participation, to issue a power of attorney or to conclude any civil law contract that is notarized, to obtain a work permit in Ukraine, etc.
We help to obtain a document (taxpayer’s card) with a tax ID and assist in obtaining a code from the State register of individuals – taxpayers. Here are some situations
where a foreigner would need a Ukrainian Tax ID:
- When registering information about a foreign citizen in The United State Register of Legal Entities, Individual Entrepreneurs and Public Organizations of Ukraine.
- When opening bank accounts, including accounts for non-resident investors or accounts for securities.
- When establishing legal entities in Ukraine involving foreign citizens.
- When certifying founding documents with the participation of a foreign citizen.
- When notarizing contracts, powers of attorney, and other legal documents involving foreign citizens within Ukraine.
- When calculating and paying any income received from Ukraine to a foreign citizen.
At Western Consulting Group, we provide services to assist foreign nationals in obtaining a tax ID code in Ukraine. We support the entire process, from completing the necessary documents to communicating with the Tax Office. Our services cover all regions of Ukraine, making it easy for our clients to obtain their tax ID numbers without being physically present in Ukraine.
Required documents and procedure for obtaining a tax ID code for a foreigner
If you are a foreigner seeking a Ukrainian tax ID, you must gather several documents before beginning the procedure. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A scanned copy of your passport pages with clear photos, your place and date of birth, and the entry stamp into Ukraine.
- Your tax ID from your home country (if you have one).
- Your full residential address and place of birth.
- Accurate transliteration of your name and surname into Ukrainian (to avoid conflicts with previously translated documents). If any documents have already been drawn up in Ukraine for a foreigner, a scan of the Ukrainian translation of the name and surname in these documents is required.
If you are a minor, you will need to provide additional documents, such as:
- a copy of your birth certificate,
- an original translation of the birth certificate into Ukrainian, certificated by a notary
- a copy of your parent’s passport,
- an original translation of the passport of one of the parents into Ukrainian, certified by a notary
- proof of temporary or permanent residency in Ukraine (if available),
- The original power of attorney, certified by a notary, in the name of a representative who will represent the foreigner’s interests in the Tax Office.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, experts of Western Consulting Group:
- provide an official translation of your passport;
- prepare an application for the Tax Office;
- prepare any additional necessary documents;
- represent your interests at the Tax Office;
- obtain your tax ID code.
The Regulations issue the tax identification number on the Registration of Individuals in the State register of individuals – taxpayers, approved by order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine No. 822 dated September 29, 2017
How long does obtaining a Ukrainian tax identification number for a foreigner takes? How much does it cost?
If you’re a foreigner in Ukraine looking to obtain a tax ID, it’s important to note that the process can be more complicated than it seems at first glance. This is because there can be a variety of complications involved in translating and adapting foreign documents, and the process of obtaining a tax ID can be time-consuming, especially for those with specialized knowledge or skills in this area. That’s why seeking professional legal assistance from a reputable firm like Western Consulting Group is essential.
Using our services, a foreigner can obtain their tax ID within five to seven working days after submitting all the necessary documents to the tax authorities. Our team of experts will handle all the paperwork, ensuring everything is handled smoothly and efficiently. As for the cost of our services and the time frame for completing the process, it’s worth noting that we offer competitive pricing and can typically have everything wrapped up within 14 working days.
If you want to obtain your tax identification number in the shortest possible time frame, our team of experienced professionals can help.
FAQ by foreigners while obtaining a tax ID
Why does a foreigner need a tax ID code?
The answer is simple. With it, they can carry out legal actions.
Can a foreigner obtain a tax identification number without being present at the Tax Office?
Yes, they can. However, to submit documents for issuing the tax ID code and then receiving it without the foreigner’s presence, their representative must have a notarized power of attorney to perform this legal action. In addition, if this document was issued outside of our country, it requires legalization and apostille.
If a foreigner has already obtained a residence permit in Ukraine, do they need to translate their passport to obtain a tax ID?
No, they do not. In this case, the tax ID code is issued based on the residence permit.
Can the Tax ID be restored if it is lost?
Yes, it is possible. However, the foreigner would have to fill out an application and provide a notarized translation of their passport document, a copy of the page with the last border crossing stamp, or a residence permit in Ukraine. Including a copy of the tax ID is also desirable if saved.
Is it possible for a foreigner to refuse to obtain an identification code?
No, it is not possible. Because to carry out financial transactions, they need a tax identification number. For example, suppose a foreigner who conducts entrepreneurial activities in our country needs to obtain a Tax ID. They will be fined with the subsequent confiscation of the manufactured products and funds received.
We hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with tax-related services, please do not hesitate to contact us.